UTILITY ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
Do you need help catching up on past-due utility bills? Are you in a shut-off crisis? Would you like more affordable utility bill payments? CHN can help both homeowners and renters.
In fact, we help thousands of people, like Carolyn and Mildred, save money and avoid crisis each year. Please click through below to get connected to the right program for you, whether for electric & gas or water & sewer.
Electric & Gas
CHN offers several electric & gas utility assistance programs, with convenient online application and reverification options. Learn more about these programs in the drop-down menu below. Still have questions? Please call us at 216-350-8008.
Submitting Required Documentation:
Once your appointment has been scheduled, you will be instructed to submit the required documentation. CHN offers three convenient methods for submitting these documents. Please use whichever method is easiest for you.
- Use our online appointment system by clicking here.
- Fax your documents to 216-912-0700. Please attach a cover page that includes your confirmation number and is addressed to the "HEAP Department."
- Drop off copies of your documents (please do not drop off originals) at one of two in-person drop boxes:
- CHN Housing Partners: 2999 Payne Avenue, Cleveland OH 44114. The drop box is located on the first floor, near CHN's main entrance at Suite 134.
- Fairfax Renaissance: 8111 Quincy Avenue, Cleveland OH 44104.
Required documents must be submitted at least three days prior to the date of your appointment, or you may be asked to reschedule.
Water & Sewer
CHN offers water and sewer affordability and crisis programs, with a convenient online application. Learn more about these programs in the drop-down menu below. Still have questions? Please call us at 216-774-2349 or toll free at 888-901-1222.
NOTE: If you are applying for the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP), please click here to schedule an appointment and follow the same instructions above for submitting required documentation. Due to technical difficulties, applicants should temporarily select "Winter Crisis" within the appointment scheduling system. The LIHWAP program cannot be applied for through the link below for water/sewer assistance.