2019-2020 Energy Assistance Programs Applications
HEAP/PIPP Reverification Information
All utility assistance programs require annual income reverification.
Only need to reverify? You have options! You can reverify online using the Online Reverification Portal link to the left, OR by bringing in your application and required documents to a CHN site (see below).
Documents you'll need to reverify:
- Proof of Income is required for the last 30 days for all household members 18 years of age and older. Acceptable documents include SSA, SSI and SSDI award letters, Pension statement, Child Support, Utility Assistance documents
- Individuals paid weekly need the last 4 paystubs
- Individuals paid bi-weekly need 2-3 paystubs (make sure you have all paystubs for the last 30 days)
- Individuals paid semi-monthly need 2 paystubs
- Individuals paid month need 1 paystub
- If paystubs are not available, you will need verification of you income from your employer (i.e. a printout of your last 30 days of pay)
- Seasonal employees are required to provide 12 months of income documentation - if paystubs are not available, a printout from your employer is required
- No Income: if the household has no income, or no verifiable income, you will need the following
- IRS Tax Transcript
- If you filed a tax return, you can call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946
- If you did not file a return, you can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040
- You can go to the IRS website at www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
- You can visit the IRS office in the Federal Building at 1240 East 9th St. Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- IRS Tax Transcript
Water and sewer bills (if applicable) will help determine eligibility for the Water Affordability Program.
Social Security card
INS ID card
Where to bring your completed application & documents:
CHN reverifcation applications will be accepted Monday through Thursday each week between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. at each of the following CHN locations:
- CHN main office — 2999 Payne Ave, Suite 208 | Cleveland, OH 44114
- Fairfax Renaissance — 8111 Quincy Ave | Cleveland, OH 44104
- CEOGC main office — 2203 Superior Ave | Cleveland, OH 44114