CHN Uses Microsoft Teams
CHN uses the Microsoft Teams app to host virtual meetings with our residents and clients.
We can use Teams instead of an in-person meeting to complete your lease renewal, Family Success appointment or other one-on-one meetings with our staff.
If you are familiar with other mobile apps, adding the Teams app to your phone will be fast, easy and ensure you can connect with the CHN team. However, there is also an option to use Teams without the app.
If you're unsure how to get started or would like some help setting up your device, CHN also has a Digital Navigator available. Call 216-774-2343 in advance of your scheduled appointment to make sure you'll be ready to go!
Mobile Device Instructions
Even if you don't have a Teams account, you can still join a Teams meeting on the mobile app.
1. In the meeting invite, select Join Microsoft Teams Meeting.
2. If you don't already have the Teams mobile app, you'll be taken to your app store to download it.
3. Download and open the app.
- If you have an Android device, open the app right from the app store page.
- If you have an iOS device, tap the meeting link again to open the app.
Teams will ask if it's okay to use your mic. Be sure to allow it so others in the meeting will be able to hear you.
4. Next, you'll be given two options for joining your meeting: Choose Join As Guest.
5. Type your name and tap Join Meeting.
6. You should be able to enter the meeting now.
Once you're in the meeting, you can turn your video or mic on or off by tapping them on the center of your screen to show the meeting controls. Tap again to hide them.
Desktop Device Instructions
You can join a Teams meeting anything, from any device, whether or not you have a Teams account. Follow these steps to join as a guest.
1. Go to the meeting invite and select Join Microsoft Teams Meeting.
2. That will open a web page, where you will see two choices: Download the Windows App or Join on the Web Instead.
If you join on the web, you can use either Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. Your browser may ask if it's okay for Teams to use your mic and camera. Be sure to allow it so you'll be seen and heard in your meeting.
3. Enter your name and choose your audio and video settings.
If the meeting room (or another device that's connected to the meeting) is nearby, choose Audio off to avoid disrupting. Select Phone audio if you want to listen to the meeting on your mobile phone.
4. When you're ready, hit Join now.
5. This will bring you into the meeting lobby.
This notifies the meeting organizer that you're there, and someone in the meeting can then admit you.