Did you know that the Cleveland Public Library has one of the most impressive collections in the country, holding more than 10 million items? With that many options, it is easy to get overwhelmed with what to pick. To celebrate National Library Week and help you get a jump start on summer reading, we decided to compile some of our favorite children’s books in the list below.
1. Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
2. Goodnight Moon by Margret Wise Brown
3. Just Like Daddy by Harriet Zeifert
4. The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
5. Bright Eyes, Brown Skin by Cheryl Willis Hudson and Bernette G. Ford
6. Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton
7. Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
8. Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodinka
9. A Fly Went By by Michael McClintock
10. Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
11. Oh, The Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss
12. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
These are just a few of our favorite children’s books! Head on over to your local library to give these a try and find a new favorite of your own!