Rental assistance funding is still available! Apply today!
Residents of the City of Cleveland and Cuyahoga County who are having difficulty making rental payments due to the economic impact of the pandemic and who meet income eligibility requirements are eligible for assistance. The funding for this program continues to be available!
Residents of the City of Cleveland and Cuyahoga County who are having difficulty making rent payments due to the economic impact of pandemic.
Those who meet income eligibility – make sure to check your household Area Median Income (AMI).
Priority is given to:
- Applicants whose income is at or below 50% AMI
- Those who have an adult household member who has been unemployed 90+ days
- Those who have a housing court/set-out date
What type of assistance is available?
- Up to 12 months of delinquent rent
- Up to three months of prospective rent
- Photo identification for each household member over 18 years of age
- Verification for each household member (Social security card preferred, or birth certificate)
- Income documentation for each household member 18+ years of age (Most recent 30 days proof of income, 2021 W2, 2021 tax return, record of unemployment, letter from employer, etc.)
- Copy of lease AND landlord’s phone number and email address
CHN will link applicants with other assistance programs that may help make electric, gas, water and sewer bills more affordable. Those who qualify for rental assistance, may be required to attend more in-depth financial counseling, provided by CHN, as a condition for rental assistance.
Please note, this assistance is only available as long as federal funding continues.
Who Can I Contact for Help Completing My Application?
We have partnered with a team of referral agencies who can help you through the application process. Please reach out to one of our partners below for assistance.
- 211 / United Way of Greater Cleveland (211)
- Bellaire – Puritas Development Corporation (216-671-2710)
- Breaking Chains (216-464-0699)
- The Centers for Families and Children (216-432-7200)
- CMHA (216-271-2735)
- Community Housing Solutions (West-(216- 651-0077) (East- (216- 231-5815)
- Empowering & Strengthening Ohio’s People (ESOP) (216-361-0718)
- Fair Housing Center for Rights & Research (216-361-9240)
- Frontline Service (216-623-6555)
- Heights Community Congress (216-321-6775)
- Home Repair Resource Center (216-381-6100)
- Lakewood Community Services Center (216-226-6466)