CHN has developed 1,500+ for-sale homes for low and moderate income buyers who can access conventional loans.
To meet the demand of the community, CHN has created several for-sale home ownership programs over the years to compliment its Lease Purchase Program. These programs have provided families—those who are financially ready and can obtain conventional financing—with new or renovated, affordable homes for immediate purchase.
Our most recent program was Opportunity Homes, a collaboration funded through the federal Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) between 2008—2012. This neighborhood stabilization project strategically targeted foreclosed and abandoned homes for CHN’s Lease Purchase Program or for immediate sale through NSP support. As a result of this collaboration:
- 693 properties were impacted in 6 neighborhoods
- 253 homes were developed (187 lease purchase/66 for sale)
- All homes were purchased by qualified buyers
- 377 properties were demolished
- 63 properties were repurposed (e.g., community gardens, yard expansions)
Today, the 4-year Opportunity Homes strategy has helped to stabilize markets in Cleveland’s Strategic Investment Initiative areas, re-engaging legitimate private developers and improving property values. For Sale Homes Single-Family Home Ownership