Lead Safe Loans, Grants and Incentives
CHN’s Lead Program provides home loans, grants and incentives to help landlords obtain their lead safe certification. This program is offered in partnership with the Lead Safe Cleveland Coalition.
About the Program
Completed applications can be emailed to [email protected] or dropped off in the Lead Services dropbox on the first floor of our office: 2999 Payne Ave. Cleveland, OH 44114.
In order to qualify for financial assistance, property owners must meet our eligibility guidelines. Minimum eligibility guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- Unit must be built before 1978 and located in the City of Cleveland.
- Owner must have current rental registration issued by the City of Cleveland Department of Building and Housing.
- Owner must be current on all property taxes or have a payment plan in place.
Types of repairs:
- Lead interim control improvements, including remediation and clearance.
- Repairs include paint film stabilization (repainting), treatment to minimize friction, treatment to prevent impact, cover to prevent chewing, specialized cleaning, covering/restricting access + other sources of lead.
Types of assistance:
Loans and grants will be available to eligible property owners beginning in December 2020. Enter your City of Cleveland zip code in the box below to find out when your Lead Safe Cleveland certification is due.