Lead Safe Loans, Grants and Incentives
CHN’s Lead Program provides home loans, grants and incentives to help landlords obtain their lead safe certification. This program is offered in partnership with the Lead Safe Cleveland Coalition.
About the Program
In order to qualify for financial assistance, property owners must meet our eligibility guidelines. Minimum eligibility guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- Owner must provide proof of ownership of the residential rental unit.
- Unit must be built before 1978 and located in the City of Cleveland.
- Owner must have rental registration issued by the City of Cleveland Department of Building and Housing.
- Owner must be current on all property taxes or have some sort of payment plan in place.
Types of repairs:
- Lead interim control improvements, including remediation and clearance.
- Repairs include paint film stabilization (repainting), treatment to minimize friction, treatment to prevent impact, cover to prevent chewing, specialized cleaning, covering/restricting access + other sources of lead.
Types of assistance:
- Clearance Incentives
Loans and grants will be available to eligible property owners beginning in December 2020. If you have questions or would like more information before December 2020, please fill out the contact form to the right.